Welcome to Izurex.
Learn all about e-commerce and why it might be right for your business.
E-commerce has come a long way since 1994, and it is growing as more shoppers turn to devices and computers as the primary tools for discovering and buying new products.
The first e-commerce sale was made in 1994. It was a Sting CD sold by a 21 year old Dan Kohn to a friend who purchased it with his credit card for $12.48 including shipping costs. These Sales of goods and services made through the internet are what we know as E commerce today:
Lets review the many benefits of E-commerce to both sellers and buyers.
· Quicker and easier transactions
· Informed purchasing decisions
· Easier price and product comparisons
· Improved delivery process
· Targeted communication
· Lower overhead costs due to the elimination of brick and mortar locations
· The ability to sell goods around-the-clock (versus traditional store hours)
· Ability to reach customers beyond geographical location
· More control over the selling process and tracking, especially if there’s one portal that handles point-of-sale (POS)
· Greater visibility to potential customers via SEO
· More control over personnel costs and inventory management
There are three classifications of e-commerce. The classification depends on who is selling to who.
Goods and services are sold from one company to another. For example, HubSpot provides products to other companies that are looking to grow better.
A business sells to a customer. This is one of the most common types of e-commerce. An example would be an online clothing store or the online segment of some popular brick and mortar business, like Walmart or Target.
As you may have guessed — consumers sell directly to consumer via online marketplaces. Craigslist, Ebay, and Amazon are all examples of C2C e-commerce.
The future of e-commerce is a bright one, and with the right strategy and tools, launching an online business can be easier than you ever imagined.
Onto making your e-commerce business idea a reality, You can register your business on Izurex and get started.